Friday 19 June 2009

Div

I recorded Divided today, the teatime quiz show on ITV1 what replaced Jasper Carrott's Golden Balls (snigger) and what a load of tosh.

I am not going to slate Andrew Castle for his charmless style or go on about his eye-candy appeal to women viewers however the show is horrid.

Three people start off as "pals". Then they get questions which they have to unanimously have to answer from multiple choices and the prize money for each question runs down the longer they take. That's my first gripe. Prize money going down.

Then they have three lives and after that they go away with nothing. My second gripe.

At the end with any of their lives intact the "pals" turn on each other as the greed sets in as we reach the cusp of the show: dividing the loot. The show splits the money three ways but not equally, obviously. So they squabble about taking the top spot and in doing so the dividends drop.

There's nothing to like about this show. The producers ensure noone gets the money and if they do it won't be huge sums and at the same time our sympathies are no longer with the contestants. Makes me pine for 3-2-1!

Actually, I lie. I like it when the whole studio goes green when they get a correct answer.

-o-
Just a footnote. Not connected to Div-ided. Blogger froze on me and I thought I had lost the post above but it saved it as draft. So, Blogger, I love you.

No comments: