Sunday 21 June 2009

Stephanie Beacham's Powers

I went to bed late last night (Saturday) being online doing goodness knows what and of course the telly was on. An 1968 episode of The Saint was on and starred many recognisable faces. I must have caught the last five minutes of it and I had seen the episode before a few years ago on ITV4 or Men & Motors. When it finished I channel hopped to Dave De Ja Vu or whatever the Dave +1 channel is called and caught an episode of Harry Enfield and Friends which I had no time for to be honest.

At 3:30am and dawn rising outside my window I went to bed. 7 hours later I awoke and charged my mobile. About as many hours later I remembered I was still charging my mobile phone.

After I awoke and had a shave the same episode of The Saint was on and I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it, because Roger Moore was good in it. Smooth, articulate, debonair and cool, he gave a totally realistic performance. His eye brows did conjure up send-ups of him on Spitting Image though.

For example. Roger scribbled something on a piece of paper followed by a picture of The Saint logo, but we never got to see it. Maybe Rog has a bit of Method in him.

But back to the point of this post. The stars in this episode, called Legacy For The Saint
. TP McKenna, Edward Brayshaw (Rentaghost's Mr Meaker), Kenneth Farrington (Corrie's Billy Walker/Emmerdale's Tom King), Reginald March and in her first television role, because she said so in the My First TV Performance segment of the Radio Times: Stephanie Beacham.

As a footnote did you know Roger Moore guest-starred in the 1997 film version? As a voice on a car-radio?

No comments: